Small & Mighty: The New IA40-3
Posted on September 04 2019
The IA40-3 Installation Amplifier is the latest addition to Monitor Audio’s award-winning range of Custom Install audio solutions. With 40 W of power over three channels, or 60 W over two channels, the IA40-3 will drive speakers or passive soundbars to deliver a lively and precise sound.
CLICK HERE to watch Monitor Audio's short video guides on the new IA40-3, showcasing all of the features of the new amplifier.
The discreet amplifier is a highly versatile unit and features digital, analogue and bluetooth inputs with Dolby Audio (Dolby Digital) for maximum flexibility. Designed for easy installation, the amplifier’s customizable brackets allow it to be positioned in multiple locations: on a wall, cabinet, stand or the back of a television.
ORDER NOW ►
Ideal for smaller environments, the IA40-3 will perfectly power in-wall and in-ceiling speakers in a kitchen, loft room or bedroom. It also works beautifully when paired with Monitor Audio's smaller bookshelf speakers in a bedroom, study or sitting room.
Best of all, if there is a television in the setup, the IA40-3 can be mounted on the back of the screen using the supplied Velcro strips or customizable brackets to drive one of Monitor Audio's passive soundbars (the brackets can be bent to fit and have flexible break-off sections for maximum installation versatility).
If extra bass is required, an active subwoofer can be connected to the IA40-3 via the sub/line out. Whatever the audio source, this is an amplifier with all the right connections. The IA40-3 features optical and analogue inputs and the latest Bluetooth aptX for superior pairing with mobile devices. The IA40-3 has been designed to be discreetly tucked away, with a unique heat sink fin design to aid cooling in tight spaces.
Monitor Audio’s technical director, Michael Hedges, said, ‘With the IA40-3, our development team really met the brief they were given and have created a compact, stylish and versatile amplifier which will delight our customers.’
Designed for modern living, the IA40-3 is Monitor Audio’s versatile solution when superior sound is required in custom install projects.
- Switchable between 3 channels at 40 W or 2 channels at 60 W with or without a subwoofer, allowing for a wide range of applications.
- Ideally paired with Monitor Audio passive soundbars or, for a more discreet solution, to Monitor Audio’s extensive range of in-wall and in-ceiling speakers.
- Optical input with Dolby Audio (Dolby Digital) allowing for a true 3.1 system and easy connection to a television.
- Bluetooth input with AptX – for the highest quality connection to mobile devices.
- Switchable line output, or filtered subwoofer output to create a 3.1 system.
- RS232 connection for automation configuring opportunities.
- 3.5 mm analogue input.
- External IR sensor which can learn volume controls from the TV’s remote control to allow for a discreet or hidden mounting location and simple operation.
- Bespoke aluminium enclosure with integrated heat sink.
- Mounting brackets included with flexible break off sections for maximum installation versatility. Ideal for mounting to a TV, stand, wall or cabinet should it be required.